DOH-Pasco COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics: Week of March 28
March 26, 2021
The Florida Department of Health in Pasco County (DOH-Pasco), in partnership with Pasco County Emergency Management, Sears at the Gulf View Square Mall and Saint Leo University, continues to provide COVID-19 testing and vaccinations to Florida residents. In an effort to keep the public aware of COVID-19 vaccine distribution, DOH-Pasco will continue to issue updates every week.
Following the Governor’s announcement on March 25, DOH-Pasco is anticipating a new Executive Order stating that, effective March 29, all providers administering COVID-19 vaccine shall only vaccinate the following populations:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Persons 40 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
In addition, providers may vaccinate persons age 18 or older whom a physician deems to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19. Such physician determinations must include a statement that the patient meets the defined eligibility criteria and established by the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability Form completed by a hospital provider or their physician.
Anyone who is eligible and wants to get the COVID-19 vaccination through DOH-Pasco must go to patientportalfl.com or call 1-844-770-8548 and create an account with CDR Maguire: Health & Medical (CDR Maguire). It is required to have an account with CDR Maguire to register for a vaccination appointment. Appointments open every Sunday at 2:00 p.m. for the following week. The DOH-Pasco vaccination sites do not appear on the CDR Maguire Patient Portal until appointments are available.
Vaccination appointments for first doses will open for registration on Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. An appointment is mandatory to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Please be aware that the demand for the COVID-19 vaccine is greater than the supply we have on hand, so appointments for vaccination fill up very quickly.
Drive-thru vaccination clinics for the week of March 28 will be held:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Saint Leo University
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Sears, Gulf View Square Mall
It is required to have a photo I.D. when checking in for all vaccination appointments. If the online patient portal was used to register for an appointment (instead of calling), those people should bring a printed or digital copy of the confirmation email they received containing a QR code (please refer to the pictures below).
Residents can find vaccination sites by county or city on the Florida Department of Health Vaccine Locator webpage. Also, there are four federally-supported vaccination sites in Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville and Orlando. Appointments are not required; however, individuals who would like to schedule an appointment ma visit myvaccine.fl.gov.
DOH-Pasco is asking residents who have been vaccinated at the Gulf View Square Mall or Saint Leo University to share feedback on their experiences at the drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination clinics. The survey takes about two minutes and will help DOH-Pasco provide the best service possible for clients coming to the drive-thru vaccination clinics.
If you have an appointment for your second dose, please bring a photo I.D, the vaccination card you were given when you received your first dose, and the QR code with date and time for your second appointment. Anyone who received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine through DOH-Pasco 28 days ago or more and has not received or missed an appointment for their second dose, please go to the same location where you received your first dose with your I.D. and vaccination card.
- In order to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, Pasco County residency is not required, but Florida residency is required. (see information below on Florida residency)
- DOH-Pasco staff cannot schedule COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- There are no vaccines available without appointments.
- At this time, DOH-Pasco does NOT have a waiting list.
- Every person needs their own appointment.
- Create your account at patientportalfl.com.
- Show up on time for your appointment – please do not arrive early.
- Emails that are sent will be sent from: CDRM Health No-Reply: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (NOT from DOH-Pasco).
- Verify you have a “Vaccine Appointment.” The appointment confirmation will have a QR code (picture on the left) NOT a barcode (picture on the right).
Do I need to be a resident of Florida to receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
State Surgeon General Scott Rivkees issued a Public Health Advisory on Jan. 21, 2021, prioritizing vaccines for residents of the State of Florida or individuals in Florida for the purpose of providing health care services involving direct contact with patients: bit.ly/397vhf3.
To prove residency, an adult resident must provide a copy of his or her valid Florida driver’s license or a copy of a valid Florida identification card. Seasonal residents* may provide a copy of two of the following to show proof of residential address:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the seasonal resident’s* parent, step-parent or legal guardian, or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident* resides, stating that the seasonal resident* does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days prior to registration.
- A utility bill, not more than two months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings or investment account statements, not more than two months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county or municipal government agency, not more than two months old.
*Seasonal resident means; any person who temporarily resides in this state for a period of at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year, maintains a temporary residence in this state, returns to the state or jurisdiction of his or her residence at least one time during each calendar year, and is registered to vote or pays income tax in another state or jurisdiction.
For more information on DOH-Pasco’s vaccination operations, please visit: Pasco.FloridaHealth.gov.
DOH-Pasco requests, before contacting the health department directly, please visit: COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution.
TESTING REMINDER: In response to fewer people seeking COVID-19 testing, DOH-Pasco is now only providing COVID-19 testing on Mondays and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Sears in the Gulf View Square Mall. Testing is NOT provided at Saint Leo University.