COVID-19 Positivity Rate in Pasco County Drops Below Five Percent
May 18, 2021
Over 216,000 People Vaccinated in Pasco County
The seven-day COVID-19 positivity rate in Pasco County has declined to 4.9 percent as of Monday, May 17. This is the lowest the rolling positivity rate has been since November 2020.
The Florida Department of Health in Pasco County (DOH-Pasco) is asking our 65+ residents who are vaccinated to encourage their family and friends to do their part in getting vaccinated also. “Vaccinations are working,” said Health Officer Mike Napier. “With 76 percent of our 65+ population vaccinated, we need to make a final push to get the rest of the eligible residents in Pasco County vaccinated.”
DOH-Pasco, in partnership with Pasco County Emergency Management, Sears at the Gulf View Square Mall and Saint Leo University, has been providing COVID-19 vaccine to individuals in Pasco County since Dec. 31, 2020. As of Monday, May 17, Pasco County has vaccinated 216,221 people: 42,744 people have received their first doses and 173,477 people have completed their second doses.
COVID-19 vaccine updates for May:
- Only second-dose vaccinations are provided through the month of May at both DOH-Pasco drive-thru vaccination sites. No first-dose vaccines are offered at these locations.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Saint Leo University
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Sears, Gulf View Square Mall
- The last day DOH-Pasco will be providing COVID-19 vaccinations at the Gulf View Square Mall drive-thru site will be Thursday, May 27.
- The last day DOH-Pasco will be providing COVID-19 vaccinations at the Saint Leo University drive-thru site will be Friday, May 28.
- COVID-19 vaccination appointments are now available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at our Dade City clinic located at 13941 15th, Dade City, FL 33525.
- COVID-19 vaccination appointments are now available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at our New Port Richey clinic located at 10841 Little Rd., New Port Richey, FL 34654.
To schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination at DOH-Pasco, Individuals can call 727-861-5260 and select Option 1 for Medical Services then Option 2 for Immunizations.
To expedite the registration process at the new vaccination clinic sites, DOH-Pasco asks individuals who make an appointment by phone to complete the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Screening and Consent Form prior to arriving. Consent forms are available in English and Spanish on the DOH-Pasco COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution webpage.
DOH-Pasco is asking people with scheduled appointments to arrive no more than 15 minutes before their scheduled time. It will result in a longer wait for you and others adhering to their times. It is required to have a photo I.D. when checking in for all vaccination appointments.
At this time, DOH-Pasco only has the Moderna vaccine, which means DOH-Pasco is unable to provide vaccine to individuals who are 12-17 years old. However, Pasco County has over 130 locations providing vaccine throughout the county, and many of them offer the Pfizer vaccine. Visit the DOH Vaccine Locator webpage to find COVID-19 vaccination sites by county or city.
Testing Reminder: COVID-19 drive-thru testing at the Gulf View Square Mall is only available on Mondays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The last day DOH-Pasco will be providing COVID-19 testing at the Gulf View Square Mall is Monday, May 24. Testing is NOT provided at Saint Leo University. For additional testing sites in Pasco County, go to bit.ly/PascoCOVIDtest.
For information on DOH-Pasco’s vaccination operations, please visit Pasco.FloridaHealth.gov.