COVID-19 Vaccine Second Dose
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that the second dose of the Moderna vaccine be given 28 days after the first dose; however, per the manufacturer, FDA and CDC, the Moderna vaccine has a four-day grace period before the due date and can be administered any time after the due date.
- Second doses should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible.
- There is no maximum interval between the first and second dose.
- DOH-Pasco has only used Moderna vaccine to this point and will be using it for the second doses as required.
If you got your first dose of Moderna vaccine in a different county or state, you can go to one of our DOH-Pasco clinic locations to get your second dose. You must bring the vaccination card that you received when you got your first dose and a valid photo I.D.
COVID-19 vaccination appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the following DOH-Pasco clinic locations:
- 13941 15th, Dade City, FL 33525
- 10841 Little Rd., New Port Richey, FL 34654
To schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at DOH-Pasco, please call 727-861-5260 and select Option 1 for Medical Services then Option 2 for Immunizations.