DOH-Pasco Hiring COVID-19 OPS Positions
February 05, 2021
The Florida Department of Health in Pasco County (DOH-Pasco) has temporary COVID-19 grant-funded positions currently available. Each of the following positions are full time (40 hrs. a week) and open to the public:
WHAT IS OPS EMPLOYMENT?
Other Personal Services (OPS) employment is a temporary employer/employee relationship used solely for accomplishing short term or intermittent tasks. OPS are at-will employees and are subject to actions such as pay changes, changes to work assignment and terminations at the recommendation of the employer.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES? (If applicable)
- State of Florida 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan- Mandatory
- Workers’ Compensation- Mandatory
- Reemployment Assistance (Unemployment Compensation)- Mandatory
- Participation in state group insurance (upon meeting eligibility requirements. Consult with People First and/or the serving HR office)
- Deferred Compensation- Voluntary
- Employee Assistance Program- Voluntary
WHAT BENEFITS ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES?
- Any form of paid leave
- Paid holidays
- Participation in the Florida Retirement System
- Reinstatement rights or retention rights
Many of DOH-Pasco’s innovative and successful health programs are recognized throughout Florida. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.