Pasco County COVID-19 Updates 05-26-2021
May 26, 2021
The seven-day COVID-19 positivity rate is at 4.7 percent in Pasco County as of Wednesday, May 26. In an effort to maintain the county’s downward trend in positivity rates, the Florida Department of Health in Pasco County (DOH-Pasco) continues to urge our 65+ residents who are vaccinated to encourage their friends and family to get vaccinated, also.
“We want to target eligible school-aged children to get vaccinated,” said Health Officer Mike Napier. “Following current guidance, when fully vaccinated, students will not be required to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact at school in the fall.”
DOH-Pasco, in partnership with Pasco County Emergency Management, Sears at the Gulf View Square Mall and Saint Leo University, has been providing COVID-19 vaccine to individuals in Pasco County since Dec. 31, 2020. As of Monday, May 24, Pasco County has vaccinated 233,372 people: 44,076 people have received their first doses and 189,296 people have completed their second doses.
DOH-Pasco will be closed on Monday, May 31 in observation of Memorial Day. Programs and services will reopen at regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, June 1.
Beginning June 1, there will be no more COVID-19 vaccinations provided at the Gulf View Square Mall or Saint Leo University.
COVID-19 vaccine updates for the rest of May:
- Only second-dose vaccinations are provided at both DOH-Pasco drive-thru vaccination sites. No first-dose vaccines are offered at these locations.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Saint Leo University
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Sears, Gulf View Square Mall
- The last day DOH-Pasco will be providing COVID-19 vaccinations at the Gulf View Square Mall drive-thru site will be Thursday, May 27.
- The last day DOH-Pasco will be providing COVID-19 vaccinations at the Saint Leo University drive-thru site will be Friday, May 28.
- At this time, COVID-19 vaccination appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at our Dade City clinic located at 13941 15th, Dade City, FL 33525.
- This week, COVID-19 vaccination appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at our New Port Richey clinic located at 10841 Little Rd., New Port Richey, FL 34654.
- Beginning June 1, COVID-19 vaccination appointments will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at our New Port Richey clinic located at 10841 Little Rd., New Port Richey, FL 34654.
To schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination at DOH-Pasco, Individuals can call 727-861-5260 and select Option 1 for Medical Services then Option 2 for Immunizations.
To expedite the registration process at the new vaccination clinic sites, DOH-Pasco asks individuals who make an appointment by phone to complete the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Screening and Consent Form prior to arriving. Consent forms are available in English, Spanish and Haitian Creole on the DOH-Pasco COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution webpage.
DOH-Pasco is asking people with scheduled appointments to arrive no more than 15 minutes before their scheduled time. It will result in a longer wait for you and others adhering to their times. It is required to have a photo I.D. when checking in for all vaccination appointments.
At this time, DOH-Pasco only has the Moderna vaccine, which means DOH-Pasco is unable to provide vaccine to individuals who are 12-17 years old. However, Pasco County has over 130 locations providing vaccine throughout the county, and many of them offer the Pfizer vaccine. Visit the DOH Vaccine Locator webpage to find COVID-19 vaccination sites by county or city.
Testing Reminder: DOH-Pasco is no longer providing COVID-19 testing at the Gulf View Square Mall, and testing is NOT offered at Saint Leo University. For additional testing sites in Pasco County, go to bit.ly/PascoCOVIDtest.
For information on DOH-Pasco’s vaccination operations, please visit Pasco.FloridaHealth.gov.