Let Healthy Start Help!
What is Healthy Start?
A statewide program that can help you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy child. Healthy Start offers support and care to pregnant women, their infants and their families. The goal of Healthy Start is to reduce infant mortality, reduce the number of low birth weight babies, and improve health and developmental outcomes in children.
What does Healthy Start offer?
- Home visits to assess family needs
- Emotional support and counseling
- Childbirth and parenting education
- Breastfeeding support and resources
- Birth control and family planning counseling
- Tips and recipes for eating healthy
- Resources to help you quit smoking
Who can get Healthy Start services?
- Any pregnant women in Florida
- Any child 0-3 years old
How do you get started?
Ask to fill out a Healthy Start screening form during your first prenatal check-up and when your baby is born at the hospital. Your answers will tell us if we can help you, and then you tell us if you would like to be in the program.
How do you qualify?
Give us a call at 727-841-7888. Your income doesn't matter. Services are free and the program is voluntary.